Financial & Insurance
DENTAL INSURANCE INFORMATION AND FINANCIAL OFFICE
Insurance plays a large role in helping people obtain dental treatment. Since we strongly feel our patients deserve the best possible care we can provide, and in effect maintain the highest quality of care, we would like to share some facts about dental insurance with you as well as our office policy. This information will help both yourself and our office to understand what your plan can provide for you.
Insurance is your benefit and we encourage our patients to contact their Insurance Company or Employee Benefits Department to obtain a summary of benefits. This will give you an idea of what your insurance company may pay. This information may also be available on-line. Be advised your benefits may change from year to year as your plan is renewed.
To ensure the quality of our care Dr. O’Dell elects not to participate on any dental plans or insurance. Dr. O’Dell is not a network provider. This does not mean that we do not accept your insurance or that your insurance company will not pay any benefits. It may not make a difference or they may pay at a reduced rate. This is why we suggest you contact your insurance company and get a breakdown of your benefits prior to treatment.
The fees we charge for dental services are the same for every patient, insured or not. Each policy is different, but in general, insurance usually covers about 70% of basic care and 50% of major work.
Sometimes there are time limits, restrictions, requirements and waiting periods pertaining to dental procedures. Even if a pre-treatment estimate is filed, there is no guarantee of payment by the insurance company on any of the procedures.
• FEES ARE DUE AT THE TIME OF SERVICE.
• Please bring your dental insurance card to your first visit.
• We will file your insurance claim for you.
• We will send your insurance company the usual and customary documentation such as x-rays and charting should they request them.
• If your insurance company asks for additional information such as a narrative or if you file an appeal, there may be a charge for this service.
• We will file a pre-treatment estimate upon request. There may be a $15 charge for this service.
Our office accepts cash, checks, Care Credit and all major credit cards.
See link below to apply with Care Credit.
We appreciate you as our patient and want you to feel comfortable asking any questions you may have concerning your care here with us.
Daniel S. O’Dell, D.D.S., M.S.